pull request process?

Rj Ewing
What is the process for getting a pr merged? I have run into this bug https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3126?jql=text%20~%20%22spring%20aop%22.

There was a pr submitted back in June, but there are no comments on the issue or pr. How can I get someone to look at this?

Thanks,
RJ

Re: pull request process?

Pavel Bucek-2

Hi RJ,

we don't have any exact process for merging PRs. Generally, the issue needs to get enough attention from Jersey team, ideally as a comment or a vote for the corresponding JIRA ticket.

I'll take a look at this one - submitted it for internal test run and we'll see what we'll get.

Common rule here is also the minimal amount of work needed to accept a pull request, which should be achieved by:

- squashing entire PR into a single commit
- make sure that the fix is properly tested and documented
- checkstyle & copyright verification passes, there are no new findbugs issues in added code
- if there is a doc change required for a change, it should be done as part of presented PR

Thanks and regards,
Pavel

RJ

RJ

Re: pull request process?

Thomas Meyer
Am 31. Oktober 2016 17:19:00 MEZ, schrieb Pavel Bucek <[hidden email]>:

>Hi RJ,
>
>we don't have any exact process for merging PRs. Generally, the issue
>needs to get enough attention from Jersey team, ideally as a comment or
>
>a vote for the corresponding JIRA ticket.
>
>I'll take a look at this one - submitted it for internal test run and
>we'll see what we'll get.
>
>Common rule here is also the minimal amount of work needed to accept a
>pull request, which should be achieved by:
>
>- squashing entire PR into a single commit
>- make sure that the fix is properly tested and documented
>- checkstyle & copyright verification passes, there are no new findbugs
>
>issues in added code
>- if there is a doc change required for a change, it should be done as
>part of presented PR
>
>Thanks and regards,
>Pavel
>

>On 31/10/2016 16:27, Rj Ewing wrote:
>> What is the process for getting a pr merged? I have run into this bug
>

>https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3126?jql=text%20~%20%22spring%20aop%22
>

><https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3126?jql=text%20%7E%20%22spring%20aop%22>.
>>
>> There was a pr submitted back in June, but there are no comments on
>> the issue or pr. How can I get someone to look at this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> RJ

Hi Pavel,

Could you please also have a look at this one:

https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3086

With kind regards
Thomas Meyer