Quantcast

do Jersey version 1.x continue to be supported and how long

do Jersey version 1.x continue to be supported and how long

Gaurav Bhatnagar
Hi,
   I can find both Jersey 1.x and 2.x on maven central repository. Both have have a release in Aug 2016, so seems that both 1.x and 2.x are currently supported. We are sitting at Jersey version 1.18 and it would be easier to migrate to 1.19 version of Jersey.
   We were just wondering how long till Jersey 1.x will be supported and how soon is the recommendation to migrate to Jersey version 2.x?

What is the road map for Jersey version 1.x?

Regards,
Gaurav

Re: do Jersey version 1.x continue to be supported and how long

Pavel Bucek-2
Hello Gaurav,

Jersey 1.x is currently in sustaining mode. That means there are no new
features being added and there is no roadmap. Only critical / customer
escalated issues will be fixed.

See
https://java.net/projects/jersey/lists/users/archive/2015-09/message/0
for more details.

I'd suggest to migrate to 2.x rather sooner than later.

To put things into a perspective a bit more: JAX-RS 2.1 (part of Java EE
8) was announced to be delivered by the end of 2017. JAX-RS 2.1 should
be implemented by Jersey 3.x, which means if you'll stay in 1.x branch,
you can be 2 major versions behind of latest stable Jersey release.

Hope it helps,
Pavel