Quantcast

UTF-8 handling

KSChan
Hi,

I'm dealing with utf8 handling.

I'm having a jsp <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8"> sending XHR to a Jersey Resource

In the Jersey Resource ...

    @POST
    @Produces("application/json")
    @Consumes("application/json")
    public String postJson( String content ) {
        Logger.getLogger( Proxy.class.getName() ).log(Level.INFO, content);
        return content;
    }

I run this on a glassfish server on both ubuntu and solaris ...

in ubuntu , i can read utf-8 http-post but not in solaris...

is there any help???

--
I, have a dream. I want to make my dream come true. Anyway, OLPC Rocks!

http://mr.kschan.googlepages.com

Re: UTF-8 handling

On Apr 8, 2009, at 5:45 AM, KSChan wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm dealing with utf8 handling.
>
> I'm having a jsp <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
> charset=UTF-8"> sending XHR to a Jersey Resource
>
> In the Jersey Resource ...
>
>     @POST
>     @Produces("application/json")
>     @Consumes("application/json")
>     public String postJson( String content ) {
>         Logger.getLogger( Proxy.class.getName() ).log(Level.INFO,
> content);
>         return content;
>     }
>
> I run this on a glassfish server on both ubuntu and solaris ...
>
> in ubuntu , i can read utf-8 http-post but not in solaris...
>
> is there any help???

Can you provide more information as to what is failing? Are you
getting any exceptions? Is the method postJson getting called?

What are the versions of the JDKs you are using on ubuntu and solaris ?