Source and Javadoc jars in maven

Matt Brozowski
I am using maven and eclipse to develop an app using Jersey and unfortunately the source and javadoc jars are not being published to the maven2 repo.  This makes understanding the code quite a bit more complicated so I was hoping to help move this along by contributing in this area.

Could someone point me to the script of process that's currently used to publish to the maven2 repository now?

Thanks a bunch,
Matt Brozowski

Re: Source and Javadoc jars in maven

Jeanfrancois Arcand
Salut,

Matt Brozowski wrote:
> I am using maven and eclipse to develop an app using Jersey and
> unfortunately the source and javadoc jars are not being published to the
> maven2 repo.  This makes understanding the code quite a bit more
> complicated so I was hoping to help move this along by contributing in
> this area.
>
> Could someone point me to the script of process that's currently used to
> publish to the maven2 repository now?

Looks like the following is missing in the main pom in order to upload
the src/javadocs:

>             <plugin>
>                 <inherited>true</inherited>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-source-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <executions>
>                     <execution>
>                         <id>attach-sources</id>
>                         <goals>
>                             <goal>jar</goal>
>                         </goals>
>                     </execution>
>                 </executions>
>             </plugin>
>             <plugin>
>                 <groupId>org.apache.maven.plugins</groupId>
>                 <artifactId>maven-javadoc-plugin</artifactId>
>                 <executions>
>                     <execution>
>                         <id>attach-javadocs</id>
>                         <goals>
>                             <goal>jar</goal>
>                         </goals>
>                     </execution>
>                 </executions>
>             </plugin>

But it makes the build a little slower when doing that. But that's quite
helpful :-)

A+

-- Jeanfrancois

> Thanks a bunch,
> Matt Brozowski

Re: Source and Javadoc jars in maven

Matt Brozowski

Looks like the following is missing in the main pom in order to upload the src/javadocs:

Which pom is the main pom for the jersey jar?

I noticed the one here doesn't build the jersey jar as the jersey module is commented out.

Matt

Re: Source and Javadoc jars in maven

Matt Brozowski

I noticed the one here doesn't build the jersey jar as the jersey module is commented out.

Matt

Re: Source and Javadoc jars in maven

Jakub Podlesak

Hi Matt,

By end of this week, the mentioned pom will be replaced
with poms from [jersey-modularization] branch.
The javadocs will then be deployed for all jersey modules.

If you want to contribute, i would welcome if you can look at cleaning
up the poms after the change occurs.

I will let you know after it happens,

~Jakub

--
http://blogs.sun.com/japod

On Thu, Jul 24, 2008 at 02:46:52PM +0200, Jakub Podlesak wrote:

> Hi Matt,
>
> By end of this week, the mentioned pom will be replaced
> with poms from [jersey-modularization] branch.
> The javadocs will then be deployed for all jersey modules.

Done.

~Jakub

http://blogs.sun.com/japod