ServletContainer.int() called on first Call

ServletContainer.int() called on first Call

DiFrango, Ronald (CONT)
All,

We were trying to track down why the first call into our Jersery services takes so long so I did some profiling via XRebel and noticed that org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.int() and the subsequent call in it "new WebComponent(webConfig, resourceConfig);” seems to take the bulk of the time.

In looking at this code, this all seems to be bootstrapping the Jersey container, so I was wonder if there was any way to do this during deployment time instead?

Thanks,

Ron DiFrango

Re: ServletContainer.int() called on first Call

Pavel Bucek-2
Hi Ron,

I believe you are looking for "load-on-startup" servlet param, see for example:

https://github.com/jersey/jersey/blob/master/examples/helloworld-webapp/src/main/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml#L52

(the semantics is that this is integer - "-1" is default and I believe that means "not initialize". Positive integers then represent ordering of the instantiation, when there is more than one servlet in the deployment).

On 14/03/16 15:10, DiFrango, Ronald wrote:
All,

We were trying to track down why the first call into our Jersery services takes so long so I did some profiling via XRebel and noticed that org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.int() and the subsequent call in it "new WebComponent(webConfig, resourceConfig);” seems to take the bulk of the time.

In looking at this code, this all seems to be bootstrapping the Jersey container, so I was wonder if there was any way to do this during deployment time instead?

Thanks,

Ron DiFrango

Re: ServletContainer.int() called on first Call

DiFrango, Ronald (CONT)
Thanks, that did the trick!