Re: Potential memory leak in Jersey2

Grzegorz
Such problems make me wonder if Jersey has any automatic tests related to performance and memory usage.

So out of curiosity I looked at the GitHub and found a few under tests/mem-leaks. I've opened history, scrolled down and found the initial commit:

> J-469: Infrastructure for memory leak testing added. Several testing modules included.
> stepanv committed on 9 Jun 2015

So it seems to me the first commit has been made twelve months ago. Is that true? Can somebody shed some light here?
If that's true, then it would be a shame for such an old project.

Regards
Greg

> Hi Bjorn,
> Thanks for the reply. Is there a bug raised for this.

Hi Kiran,

I am not sure, if there is a bug report covering this exact problem, but
i remember finding a couple of entries in the issue tracker, which
seemed to fit the bill.

Fx;

https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3054

> Thanks
> Kiran
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Bjorn Rohde Jensen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
<snip>

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn

Re: Potential memory leak in Jersey2

Pavel Bucek-2

Hi Greg,

Jersey has extensive performance tests, but the tests are not open source and are generally part of other projects, in this case its Oracle WebLogic Server.

mem-leaks module was there because of some issue to serve as a regression test (If I recall correctly, it was related to monitoring, I would need to check if you want more concrete info).

On 14/06/16 19:11, Grzegorz wrote:
Such problems make me wonder if Jersey has any automatic tests related to performance and memory usage.

So out of curiosity I looked at the GitHub and found a few under tests/mem-leaks. I've opened history, scrolled down and found the initial commit:

> J-469: Infrastructure for memory leak testing added. Several testing modules included.
> stepanv committed on 9 Jun 2015

So it seems to me the first commit has been made twelve months ago. Is that true? Can somebody shed some light here?
If that's true, then it would be a shame for such an old project.

Regards
Greg

> Hi Bjorn,
> Thanks for the reply. Is there a bug raised for this.

Hi Kiran,

I am not sure, if there is a bug report covering this exact problem, but
i remember finding a couple of entries in the issue tracker, which
seemed to fit the bill.

Fx;

https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3054

> Thanks
> Kiran
>
> On Wed, Jun 1, 2016 at 11:47 AM, Bjorn Rohde Jensen <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
<snip>

Yours sincerely,

Bjorn