Re: Compression inn Jersey

Grazi, Victor wrote:
> So filters is the only way to go?

Yes, for Content-Encoding or Transfer-Encoding using gzip.

It should be easy to add support for Fast Infoset with JAXB beans. I
just need to find a spare 2 hours to implement/test it. In general
GZIPed XML documents are similar in size to GZIPed Fast Infoset
documents, but XML documents are in general larger than Fast Infoset
documents.

You could add support for other schema-based "compression" schemes like
Protocol buffers or Hessian using MessageBodyReader/Writer for the Java
types associated with those protocols.

Paul.