REST on client-side

Mark Volkmann
I understand that Jersey focuses on implementing RESTful service, but
what are people using on the client-side to invoke those services from
Java beyond directly using the java.net URL and HttpURLConnection
classes? Are there commonly used open source classes that make it
simpler to make REST calls?

---
Mark Volkmann

smime.p7s (7K) Download Attachment

RE: REST on client-side

Grazi, Victor
We have been using a wonderful tool for testing Wiz Tools REST Client
http://code.google.com/p/rest-client/downloads/list
restclient-2.1-jar-with-dependencies.jar

RE: REST on client-side

jun_li
I use apache HTTP Client.

Re: REST on client-side

Travis R
Ditto.  And I feed the response into JAXB to unmarshal the response into objects.

Travis

On Tue, Jul 22, 2008 at 4:25 PM, Li, Jun <jun.li@credit-suisse.com> wrote:
I use apache HTTP Client.

Re: REST on client-side

Hi Mark,

Jersey contains a client API. It is used extensively with the Jersey
unit tests. It is designed to make writing clients easy. It reuses
concepts from the server-side, like message body readers/writers so it
is very easy to use JAXB (XML/JSON) (plus all the stuff on the list
being discussed about validation or namespace prefixes is valid for the
client as well as the server and can be reused).

See the following blogs:

http://blogs.sun.com/beuchelt/entry/using_abdera_and_the_jersey
http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/services_are_clients_too
http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/jersey_client_api