Quantcast

Programmatic update of ResouceConfig Jersey 1 vs 2

Programmatic update of ResouceConfig Jersey 1 vs 2

Kevin.Kilroy
Hi,

I'm currently looking at migrating a Jersey 1 application to Jersey 2.

One of the features we utilise is the ability in Jersey 1 to update the ResourceConfig singletons collection at runtime. This gives us the ability to add/remove Resource endpoints at runtime in a dynamic manner.

Basically, we instantiate Resources using OSGi then dynamically add or remove the instance using config.getSingletons().remove(resource) and config.getSingletons().add(resource); and then calling container.reload();

Jersey 2 has made this Collection un-modifiable now, and also the ResourceConfig getSingletons() is now final so can't be overridden (without violating the intent of the developer).

I'm try to use the HK Binder module to bind the instance (using bind(object).to(blah.class) and passing the instance of the AbstractBinder to config.registerInstances(), but I'm getting the following stacktrace when I try to call the endpoint:

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Request scope has been already shut down.
         at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.serviceImpl(WebComponent.java:489)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.WebComponent.service(WebComponent.java:427)
         at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:388)
         at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:341)
        at org.glassfish.jersey.servlet.ServletContainer.service(ServletContainer.java:228)
         at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1290)
         at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:778)
         at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:475)
         at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:152)
         at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:94)
         at com.ibm.ws.app.manager.wab.internal.OsgiDirectoryProtectionFilter.doFilter(OsgiDirectoryProtectionFilter.java:101)
         at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:207)
         at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:91)

Thanks in advance,

Kevin Kilroy
Software Engineering | Bankwest Enterprise Services
Level 3D Bankwest Place 300 Murray Street Perth WA 6000
p | (08) 9369 7385  e | [hidden email]
www.bankwest.com.au find us on

Unencrypted electronic mail is not secure and may not be authentic.
If you have any doubts as to the contents please telephone to confirm.

This electronic transmission including any attachments is intended only
for those to whom it is addressed. It may contain copyright material or
information that is confidential, privileged or exempt from disclosure by law.
Any claim to privilege is not waived or lost by reason of mistaken transmission
of this information. If you are not the intended recipient you must not
distribute or copy this transmission and should please notify the sender.
Your costs for doing this will be reimbursed by the sender.

We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption,
delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.