JSR 370 support

Sebastian Daschner
Hi there,

Thanks for the great work in Jersey!

As some features of the JAX-RS 2.1 JSR are evolving (e.g. SSE support,
RX / NIO client invocations) we want to start to implement these
features into Jersey -- or rather updating them to the changed JAX-RS API.

A small group of EG members (incl. myself) would like to volunteer on
that. Is there already a "JAX-RS 2.1" branch in the project or what is
the plan for the roadmap regarding that?

I've started to fork the project and would create JIRA issues if you
could tell me the Jersey version planned for this.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Re: JSR 370 support

Marek Potociar
Thanks for offering your help Sebastian!

I assume the reason of your fork is to come back with pull requests, is that correct? If so, you should definitely sync up any code to the master branch (Jersey 3.x). I also need to remind you that in order to accept any contributions from you, you are requested to sign OCA, unless you have done so already. This obviously extends to anyone who would be contributing commits to your working branch.

(As for Jira - it should be obvious from the above: Jersey 3.0 is currently the planned release of Jersey for JAX-RS 2.1)

Cheers,
Marek

On 24 Apr 2016, at 23:02, Sebastian Daschner <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi there,

Thanks for the great work in Jersey!

As some features of the JAX-RS 2.1 JSR are evolving (e.g. SSE support,
RX / NIO client invocations) we want to start to implement these
features into Jersey -- or rather updating them to the changed JAX-RS API.

A small group of EG members (incl. myself) would like to volunteer on
that. Is there already a "JAX-RS 2.1" branch in the project or what is
the plan for the roadmap regarding that?

I've started to fork the project and would create JIRA issues if you
could tell me the Jersey version planned for this.

Thanks,
Sebastian

Re: JSR 370 support

Sebastian Daschner

Hi Marek,

Yes, that's right, already forked the Github project (starting from jersey:master). Btw, just filled out the OCA.

I've created Jira issues for Jersey 3.0. Feel free to assign them to me (I can't change the assignee):

- JERSEY-3104
- JERSEY-3105
- JERSEY-3106

Cheers,
Sebastian

On 04/26/2016 04:12 PM, Marek Potociar wrote:
[...]

FYI: I started to implement the RX client changes into Jersey and also refactored the client modules in favor of the 2.1 API changes (e.g. moved the RX CompletionState module to client-core): https://github.com/sdaschner/jersey/tree/jaxrs-2.1

As soon as I'm done with the NIO features as well then I'll do a PR.

Can someone please assign the Jira issues I created to my user? I can't change anything there...

Cheers,
Sebastian

On 04/26/2016 10:18 PM, Sebastian Daschner wrote:

[...]

Re: Re: JSR 370 support

Marek Potociar
Hi Sebastian,

This cannot be done - we would have to promote you to core Jersey developer and we’re not ready to make such step yet. Please, continue your work and reference the proper issue in your PR. We’ll then deal with closing the issues once PRs are merged and closed.

Marek