Quantcast

JERSEY-3225 (@Immediate binding fail after Container#reload)

Fabrizio Cucci
Hi Jersey team,

is there anyone looking into https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3225 ?

Also, after re-reading my own report, I realized something else. In my case, the ImmediateScopeFeature is removed from the CommonConfig#newFeatureRegistrations and this is the reason why it's not re-configured on Container#reload. But this means that, potentially, any other custom feature won't be re-configured upon Container#reload.

Is it by design?

Thanks,
Fabrizio

Re: JERSEY-3225 (@Immediate binding fail after Container#reload)

Pavel Bucek-2
Hi Fabrizio,

I'm sorry, we are currently not looking into mentioned issue.

I briefly looked into the code and I believe that CommonConfig should be
recreated during the reload, but I'd need to debug it to be sure.

Would it be possible to extract your usecase to a minimal reproducer and
share it?

Thanks and regards,
Pavel

On 17/03/2017 11:19, Fabrizio Cucci wrote:

> Hi Jersey team,
>
> is there anyone looking into https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-3225 ?
>
> Also, after re-reading my own report, I realized something else. In my
> case, the ImmediateScopeFeature is removed from the
> CommonConfig#newFeatureRegistrations and this is the reason why it's
> not re-configured on Container#reload. But this means that,
> potentially, any other custom feature won't be re-configured upon
> Container#reload.
>
> Is it by design?
>
> Thanks,
> Fabrizio

Re: JERSEY-3225 (@Immediate binding fail after Container#reload)

Fabrizio Cucci
Hi Pavel,

thanks a lot for your prompt reply.

Is the gist attached to the issue description sufficient?

I'll post the link here too:
https://gist.github.com/fabriziocucci/5660af43ebeb7ec04f20ed293cd5676f

Thanks,
Fabrizio