Implementing REST based Web services using JAX-RS

Implementing REST based Web services using JAX-RS

Dilbagh Singh
Hi All,

I have a requirement where in I have to expose the APIs present in my application as RESTful services.
Since, incorporating the annotations in the code would be a difficult task, I am in search of a provider, which
would facilitate me to expose the APIs as RESTful services. Is there any provider for JAX-RS available, whch I can
use to build RESTful web services.

Appreciate any help !

Dilbagh Singh

Re: Implementing REST based Web services using JAX-RS

Hi Dilbagh,

JAX-RS is currently annotation driven so you have to use annotations.
In this case you might be able to write JAX-RS resource classes that
wrap to the code you are adapting. That is a common approach.

The one area where this approach may not work so well, and i am not
sure if this relates to your particular case, is when the existing
application at runtime defines the matching information. Under those
conditions you may require a matching API that JAX-RS currently does
not define. Jersey has something like that but it is not exposed to
developers and would need some refinement to do so (something which i
am interested in doing when we undertake a JAX-RS 2.0 effort).

For example, off the top of my head in a pseudo-scala-like way:

   match("/foo").consuming("application/xml).producing("application/
xml") {

   } or match("/bar").consuming("application/