Quantcast

ClassNotFoundException: com/sun/jersey/api/container/ContainerException

ClassNotFoundException: com/sun/jersey/api/container/ContainerException

Cameron Jones
Hi,

I'm new to Jersey and just trying to run the sample applications but
keep getting  a class not found exception for com/sun/jersey/api/
container/ContainerException. I've searched through all the distros
and versions and can't find any reference to this class, only a
ContainerCheckedException in the same package.

Cam

Re: ClassNotFoundException: com/sun/jersey/api/container/ContainerException

Craig McClanahan
Cameron Jones wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm new to Jersey and just trying to run the sample applications but
> keep getting  a class not found exception for
> com/sun/jersey/api/container/ContainerException. I've searched through
> all the distros and versions and can't find any reference to this
> class, only a ContainerCheckedException in the same package.

This class is in the jersey-core module.

What build environment are you using?  Jersey itself is built with
Maven, which makes dependency management pretty easy, but there is also
a wiki page[1] that outlines all the potential dependency requirements
in copious detail.
> Thanks,
> Cam

Craig

[1]
https://jersey.dev.java.net/source/browse/*checkout*/jersey/branches/jersey-0.9/jersey/dependencies.html

Re: ClassNotFoundException: com/sun/jersey/api/container/ContainerException

Cameron Jones
Few! Thanks for the pointer, got passed that one but now got a bunch
of other class issues, i think i know where to go from here.

I'm using maven but for some reason it's unable to download anything
from http://download.java.net/maven/2 repository, it just keeps saying
they can't be found and to install the files manually...i don't know
what could be wrong with the config as it's correctly referencing both
the maven 1 and 2 repos.

Another strange issue i have is that  the examples can't find the
default maven plugins and i have to explicitly set their versions in
the pom...very annoying. I'm not sure what the problem is as i've been
using maven locally for about a year without issue until this.

No probs with jersey tho, keen to get down to some well needed REST! :)

On Oct 8, 2008, at 7:33 AM, Cameron Jones wrote:

> Few! Thanks for the pointer, got passed that one but now got a bunch
> of other class issues, i think i know where to go from here.
>
> I'm using maven but for some reason it's unable to download anything
> from http://download.java.net/maven/2 repository, it just keeps
> saying they can't be found and to install the files manually...i
> don't know what could be wrong with the config as it's correctly
> referencing both the maven 1 and 2 repos.

What maven version are you using? Things only reliably work with Maven
2.0.9.

Perhaps you could configure maven to build and run the samples using a
fresh local repository location?

Also sometimes the java.net maven repo is a little slow and
unreliable. You may have been unlucky enough to hit such an unreliable
period.

Paul.