2.23 release date?

Ryan Barker
This bug has been fixed for a couple months now and is pretty major as it prevents our applications from shutting down properly.

https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-2969

Is it possible to make a release for 2.23 or perhaps a patch 2.22.2 release with major bug fixes such as this one?

Thanks so much,
Ryan

Re: 2.23 release date?

Pavel Bucek-2
Hi Ryan,

next Jersey release will be "soon" (most likely within this month).

On 02/02/16 03:56, Ryan Barker wrote:

> This bug has been fixed for a couple months now and is pretty major as it prevents our applications from shutting down properly.
>
> https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-2969
>
> Is it possible to make a release for 2.23 or perhaps a patch 2.22.2 release with major bug fixes such as this one?
>

> Thanks so much,
> Ryan

Re: 2.23 release date?

Robert DiFalco
It would be great if the next version of Jersey could fix the issue of a null description and cause for a ResponseProcessingException. It's a simple fix on line 869 of JerseyInvocation.java. Basically in the case where ex.getCause() is null you will end up getting a ResponseProcessingException that can NEVER be tracked down. The easiest fix is to just change ex.getCause() to ex below. Of if you want to get fancy (ex.getCause() == null ? ex : ex.getCause()).

} catch (final ProcessingException ex) {
throw new ResponseProcessingException(new InboundJaxrsResponse(response, scope), ex.getCause());
} catch (final WebApplicationException ex) {

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 11:18 PM, Pavel Bucek <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Ryan,

next Jersey release will be "soon" (most likely within this month).

On 02/02/16 03:56, Ryan Barker wrote:
This bug has been fixed for a couple months now and is pretty major as it prevents our applications from shutting down properly.

https://java.net/jira/browse/JERSEY-2969

Is it possible to make a release for 2.23 or perhaps a patch 2.22.2 release with major bug fixes such as this one?

Thanks so much,
Ryan

Re: 2.23 release date?

Pavel Bucek-2
it came too late, sorry.

Jersey 2.22.2 was released last week, I'm currently in process of updating webpage. After that is done and synced to java.net, I'll send an announcement.